Monday, May 03, 2010

Lecrae: Don't Waste Your Life

Another awesome Lecrae song is "Don't Waste Your Life"! Here's a verse from this awesome songs!

"I know a lot of people that are scared they gonna die/Couple of em thinking they'll be livin in the sky/So while I'm here living man I gotta ask why/What am I here for I gotta figure out/Waste my life, no, I gotta make it count/If Christ is real then what am I gonna do about/Everything in Luke 12:15 down to 21/You really gotta go and check it out!
Paul said if Christ ain't ressurected/We wastin our lives/Well that implies that our lifes built around Jesus being alive/Every day livin to try to show the world why/Christ is more then anything you'll ever try/Better then pretty women, and sinnin, and livin to get a minute of any women and men that you admire!
It ain't no lie/We created for Him/Out of the dust, He made us for Him/Elects us and He saves us for Him/Jesus comes and He raises for Him/Magnify the Father, why bother, with something lesser/He made us so we could bless Him/To the world we confess Him/Ressurects Him/So I know I got life/Matter fact better man, I know I got Christ/If you don't see His ways in my days and my nights, you can hit my brakes, you can stop my lights/Dude I lost my rights, lost my life/Forget the money, cars and toss that ice/The cost is Christ/And they can never offer me anything on the planet that'll cost that price!"

Wow...that is just verse one, and the other two verses are great too!! We need to live every minute for Christ and show Him to be the greatest treasure we have! Better then anything in our lives! Better then our friends and family and sports and television and books and relationships and food and clothes and cars and computers and what people think of us and what we look like! He needs to be the most important thing in our lives that everything else follows! Oh how I have failed at this all my life, and always seem to fail at! It is such a hard thing to do, and we just need to keep fighting! We are gonna fail a lot, but we need to keep getting up and continue to fight to make Jesus first, cause if we do, He will satisify our hearts with Him more then any other thing in this world! He is the source of true satisfaction and we need to see that! He can bring us true happiness that nothing else can! Please, Father, help us to see that, and help us to make you the center of our lives!! Praying for all my friends out there!! I know we all struggle with this one! I know I do majorly!!

~Micah

3 comments:

  1. Micah!!!
    This has encouraged me SOOO much!! I have fallen in this pit countless times and whenever i reach the top i seem to slip and fall back in!! Thanks for the reminder that God is our true satisfaction and nothing else!! Thanks for praying....i'm praying for you too, Brother!

    ~Rana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rana,

    I'm so glad it was encouraging to you!! Amen to that!! Me too!! Thanks for your prayers too, sister!!

    ~Micah

    P.S. That is the song that Josh calls the "Fast" song!! : ) So that is actually what I'm attempting to say when I'm singing along!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah,

    Your welcome!!

    P.S yeah i remember when he would ask, "PUT ON THE FAST SONG!!" haha...i caught most of the words when you sang it...a couple i had trouble figuring out though. :-)

    ReplyDelete